Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DN overlays in mixed CME SCCP/SIP environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosseye

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2005
GB
Hi All - perhaps you can help?

We have an existing CME SCCP on 2811 running 7960's/7970's. We use incoming SIP trunks to ephone-dn's and overlay these to multiple phones (so multiple users can see the incoming line ring). All fine.

Now adding a couple of SIP clients, most notably iPhones running CounterPath Bria. Can make outbound calls fine, but I can't see how to pick up these existing dn's...

Reason is, in the SIP "voice register" environment, there seems to be a parallel concept of dn's. How do I have a SIP phone pick up one of those original dn's that work in the SCCP world?

Appreciated,
D

try creating a pick up group and add the sip endpoint to it.

Thanks - that makes sense. Unfortunately I can't test it though, as I uncovered a different problem registering SIP endpoints - once I set them to "register & receive incoming calls" I get a 404 error, which does happen if this is not set (whereupon I can successfully make outbound calls). Have looked all over for a config, found a few, but can't see what's wrong yet.

Sorted it. For some irritating reason, for proper SIP registration Cisco require the username to be the same as the number...!

That being said, as I have CME7.1, I fixed the overlay problem using Single Number Reach. So for the incoming dial-peer, I simply added the following:

mobility
snr xxxx delay 0 timeout 20 cfwd-noan yyyy

where xxxx is my SIP number and yyyy my voicemail number.

Works a treat, and helpfully passes the original CLID of the dialling party to the handset (rather than the local number).

br/D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back