Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DN is receiving calls for another DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieCurie

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hello all! I have 4 DNs which have been receiving calls that should be going to other departments. I have printed the hunt in LD 82, and found nothing hunting to them. The first time this happened, I said somebody is probably dialing the wrong (yet similar) number. Now that there are 4 extensions having the same issue, I am starting to wonder. Is there something else I can check?

Thanks in advance!

Marie Curie

Print the entire TNB in LD 20. Save the info to a text file. Search the text file for all appearances of your 4 DNs.

They could appear as:

FDNs on other sets
Active Call Forwards on other sets
ATDNs on trunks
HUNTS on other sets

Also try printing the IDC (incoming digit conversion) tables in LD 49, to see if incoming DID calls are being redirected in error.

That is what I thought I might have to do. I was hoping there was a way around this. Thank you.

If you print the TN's for the 4 lines were the call
should have terminated, do you se any of the DN's that
the calls end up on? Could be FDN, HUNT, EFD, EHT or a
CFW-key....?

Check your IDC tables?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Thank you all for your input! There is nothing in the IDCs. I printed out the entire TNB, and went through FDN, HUNT, EFD, EHT and CFW for each station. Nothing points to my four stations, except for their secondary lines (which are in the same room, so this wouldn't be the cause). As far as voicemail goes, should I just be checking for revert DNs? Is there an easy way to list these, short of going through all 2000 stations, one by one?

Thank you again!
Marie Curie

Could be a MSE (mass stupidity event) or they've changed the business and not told anyone.....

Is there any kind of 0800 type service? intelligent numbering in the network?

All I can suggest is get the person to ask the caller what number they dialled and trace it through from there.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Meridian Mail has a find feature and I think there is a field there for the Revert DN.

Set up ENTC LD 80 for the day every day unitl it happens again. Make sure the printer is left on. You will have to pick 2 phonesthat is all you can set at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back