Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dms Error on Hipath 4300 V1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chafchinko

Technical User
Oct 13, 2008
TN
Hello
I have a problem on a HiPath 4000 version 1
When I connect to system with COMWIN there is the following error message

<reg-codew;
S3: LOAD ERROR FOR DATA SUBSYSTEM OF AMO CODEW
EXCEPTION CODE : H'8442
<dis-date;
S3: LOAD ERROR FOR DATA SUBSYSTEM OF AMO DATE
EXCEPTION CODE : H'8442

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The first place I would look at is the status of the controllers 1 & 6. Perform DIS-DDSM:a1;

See which controller is the "ACTIVE LOAD DEVICE". Normally the active load device is controller 1, your system's hard drive.

Look at the status of partition E (also known as "PDS") on the active load device. If it is not active, try activating it using the command: ACT-DSSM <enter>

I cannot remember the exact order of the parameters, but the server is "A1", the controller number is either "1" or "6" (based on which one is the active load device), and the partition is "E", then ";"

If partition E activates, now try your DIS-CODEW command.

When partition E is out of service, no Switching Unit AMOs can be performed because the AMO code resides within that partition. The AMOs that we just used to diagnose the problem are A1 AMOs, hence the "SM" (server module) as the final two AMO characters.

If the active load device is controller "6", then you need to discover why your system re-loaded from MO. Sounds as if your hard drive may have failed, causing the system to load from MO.

Re-post if this is not clear enough. Good luck.

Yes exactly, when I done "cha-dcsm: A1, 1 ;" "act-DSSM: A1, 1;" I can enter a command line. But just after few minutes the hard drive partitions are deactivated.
I believe there is a problem on the hard disk drive.
Now the system is running on backup Mod waiting to acquire a nw hard drive from siemens

Thank you for your help colleague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back