Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMS-500 to CS1000 PRI DID traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneColdphoneman

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I have 5 PRI’s for incoming traffic and here’s the problem:
PRI 1 with primary DCH this PRI is taking calls
PRI 2 with secondary DCH this loop is disabled for testing
PRI 3 this loop is disabled for testing
PRI 4 this loop is disabled for testing
PRI 5 all channels are idle

The first 23 calls are fine on the 1st PRI the problem is when the 24th call is made it does not rollover to the 5th PRI. when I called the CO they told me that they are still seeing PRI 2,3 and 4 as idle and they are still pointing the calls to PRI number 2 and not 5.

When I unplug PRI 2,3 and 4 from the CSU then CO sees the circuits down and routes the traffic to PRI number 5.

Does any one know why would CO still see the circuits as idle and I’m disabled on my end? They have DMS-500 so it’s a Nortel to Nortel connection.

Did you DISL each PRI LOOP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Check your CSU's they may be optioned for KEEP ALIVE

I have Solo T1 CSU and I don’t see anything in the book about KEEP ALIVE.

have you tried killing just the channels dsch x. the only sure way to have the co see the far end soft down would be add a d per loop.. i have that problem with my ld t's one d one back up.. 4 loops, if number two or 3 goes down, i have to put a hard loop on it or traffic stops after call 23..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Good catch JP, I didn't catch that there was only a DCH and BDCH. Need to slow down a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back