Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMOZ edited a Submission and screwed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtendscott

Programmer
Apr 21, 2003
US
OK, I appreciate the fact that the Site was added, but they used very little text I provided and got facts wrong.

It seems the editor visited the site and read a small portion then made changes to the description. Put in another person's name that was mentioned on a page they read as the "primary" person the site related to.

What are the best recommendations to get this changed? Do I risk getting delisted?

Thanks.

xtendscott
Home Improvement Watch | Cryosurgery | Walla Walla Portal | Walla Walla Martial Arts

Go to the category page where your page is listed, click the link at the top labelled "update listing" and follow instructions from there. Descriptions should follow the guidelines laid down at . If there are factual errors, correct them, but be polite and don't expect them to include a long description of every aspect of your site. Dmoz descriptions are intended to be thumbnail sketches of a site, not full-scale portraits.

I'm a some-time Dmoz editor, btw.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

I was told you could get an existing listing updated faster if you posted to the forum.

Apparently, incorrect url's take priority (as expected), but I have a few friends who have had good results posting to the DMOZ forum ...getting updates to their listings a few days later.

Best of Luck!
Krissy

Sticker and Sticker Clubs

Enter our Contst to win 1 of 5 packs of 10,000 Stickers every month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back