Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMMS out of Rev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slycer

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
One of my clients has a machine with the follinig error on it:

"Alert! DIMMS are out of Rev"
I asked around about this, and was told that it was just a problem with the memory, and all I had to do was jusr re-seat the memory or get the correct kind.

Now, before I go messing around with anything, I wanted to get a second opinion. So, was this information correct, and if now, what does that really mean and how do I fix it?

Alert! One or more of the Memory DIMMs are out of rev. System detected that one or more of the DIMMs are not the correct revision. DIMMs do not meet the Intel® SPD 1.2 specification or 66-MHz DIMMs are installed.

oh, ok well how do I fix this?

wasnt too helpful there franklin... i think that person was right abot reseating them or getting compatible kind. what kind are the stick that are in tehre now?

Off the top of my head, Im not sure, but the CPU is a Dell Model GX1, if that helps you any.

Slycer

Just download and install the Dell BIOS version A09 or later for the GX1 - that will fix the problem.
I had this once before and this did the trick.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back