Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMC register via Master handset - not able to add new handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

senk1s

Vendor
Dec 15, 2003
CA
I dont have OAM access to the DMC (either serial port is fried or default procedure didnt work properly)

Have a master handset - i'm unable to add new handsets though
Getting stuck at the field Prima/ Secondary channel -

Do you know what needs to be entered to get to the TCM loop field

DMC320 behind a MICS7.1

I have a dmc on a bcm and it has to be done through the dmc serial port with a null modem.Lets me do it through master set but programming/add/remove never takes.

Also will need password to dmc

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

thanks luv2ski

The password on record doesnt let us in - more than likely the serial port might have gone bad

I've had to use that default procedure (quite some time ago!) and remember I tried many times before it actually worked - you might want to keep plugging away at that.

That whole serial port connection seems a little flaky...

-----------------------------------
Telephone & computer wiring/Cat 5E/Cat 6/Fibre Optic cabling in Calgary, AB

thanks atcom ... we've tried 4-5 times with different techs - still with the same result

We were able to convert a phone to master and based on the instructions we were hoping we could replace defective phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back