Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DM message disappears? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimacyIT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
I have witnessed and had users report that Desktop Messaging messages will disappear when they try to open them. The messages are still accessible via the telephone into CallPilot. Any thoughts?

CP 4 w/Outlook 2003
CS1000E 4.5w

Do you have installed the latest SUpep
If Outlook in Offline mode make sure the .OST file that is used to store information in offline mode has been enabled by the administrator.
If you are using VPN make sure the ports listed below are open.
- Desktop client to CallPilot server: IMAP (143), SMTP (25) and LDAP (389) ports
- My CallPilot web client to CallPilot server: HTTP port
- My CallPilot web client to stand-alone web server (when My CP is installed on a stand-alone web server): HTTP port
- CallPilot Manager to CallPilot server: LDAP, FTP and RPC ports
- CallPilot Manager to stand-alone web server: HTTP port
- Reporter to stand-alone web server: HTTP port
- CallPilot to groupware server (for Email-by-Phone or Desktop): IMAP port
- AppBuilder client to CallPilot server: LDAP, FTP and RPC ports (as well as AOS)
- HTTP: Unencrypted=80, SSL=443
- IMAP: Unencrypted=143, SSL=993
- SMTP: Unencrypted=25, SSL=465
- LDAP: Unencrypted=389, SSL=636
- FTP: 20, 21
- RPC: 135
- SNMP: 60, 61
- AOS DCOM uses port 135, but may dynamically use any port between 1024 and 65535.
- If the firewall is between My CallPilot and the user's browser, then the following ports must be open: HTTP, FTP and IMAP (for audio player telset)
- If the firewall is between the CallPilot server and the My CallPilot server, then these ports need to be open: FTP, IMAP, SMTP and LDAP.

The ports are good. The PEP I'm not sure about. We are on the 8th month since the new PBX/CP was installed and have yet to sign off on completion. Verizon, our provider, cannot solve our fax problem. Nortel engineers have been on-site with no luck.

Until I sign off on the purchase, I am not the owner, so I am at Verizon's mercy on installing patches. Their philosophy is not to install patches until there is a problem. Of course, that problem has to be duplicated....

Wouldn't happen to know the latest PEP for CP4.0, would you?

PrimacyIT...here are the latest PEPS you should have
installed on CallPilot server CP40404SU03S.exe,
CP404ACC001S.exe only if the server is a 201i its
for pcAnywhere,CP404S03G07C.exe,CP404S03G17S.exe,
CP404S03G23S.exe,CP404S03G25S.exe,CP404S03G30S.exe,
CP404S03G31S.exe,THIS PEP HERE IS HOTFIXES AND
IT FIXES ALOT OF DESKTOP MESSAGING AND FAX PROBLEMS
CPSECPEP007S.msi IT WILL TAKE A GOOD HOUR TO LOAD.
Desktop_4040432_English_04May2007.zip

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

PrimacyIT...forgot to mention not only are these the
latest peps but per NORTEL THEY HAVE TO BE INSTALLED.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back