Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT1e tape stuck in drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpb63

MIS
Feb 5, 2002
US
Hello,

I have an HP DLT1e external tape drive. All three lights on the front of the drive will flash, and then go out as (I think) the drive tries to move the tape. Then they flash again.

The tape will not eject. I even tried stopping all the services in win 2000 that might be trying to use the drive, but the tape still does not eject.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

tpb63

tpb63,

This sounds nasty. There could be several things that have happened 1. dropped tape leader 2. Tape broke or 3. Threading failure. In order to save the tape you will more than likely need to have the drive serviced. Here is a pointer to the HP website and the users guide (I think) for this product. Good luck.

mjlegato

Thanks mjlegato. I relly lucked out. The drive is still under warranty, so HP is sending a new one. Plus the tape that got stuck only had one backup on it, so I didn't loose too much.

Thanks for the suggestion.

tpb63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back