Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT vs80 ejects tapes - thread481-830085

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellboy

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2001
GB
Continuing on from thread481-830085 (it should now apparantly automatically link up)

I have Dell PowerVault 110T DLT vs80 tape device which ejects all tapes, regardless. The tapes that were being used within the tape device no longer load up, they are ejected.
Inserting a new tape has the same effect. The tape a Delltape IV 40/80Gb native/compressed also ejects - this tape is straight out of the sellophane and has not been used elsewhere. The back of the box even states that it can be used with a vs80.

I have read on another forum, if the link works you will see the same, that tape headers can be 'formatted' to some extent which will prevent the tape being used. As this is a brand new tape it has not been used elsewhere. Is this the tape device itself? I imagine so!

I can't load up any tapes to be able to to erase them so any suggestions are appreciated.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated. If you have seen this problem and found a solution please let me know.

Replace the drive. If you stop the backup exec services and it does the same thing then its hardware.

I have had the same problem. Even with tapes that are brand new. What we have had to do is wipe the tape out with a magnetic wiper and all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back