Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT Firmware Update Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

timwah

Technical User
Feb 5, 2003
US
I'm trying to update firmware on some DLT7000 drives that are configured to run in a 9710. Attempting to go from version 70 to version 95. I've got the correct .fup file from the STK CRC web site and am using SCSI tool box.
I've updated many other drives with no problems...
These two drives fail to complete the update process, but will run all diagnostics.
Any one have any info or ideas?

I don't get any failure message...SCSI toolbox hangs and the drives light the write protect, tape in use, and use cleaning tape lights. The whole system hangs in that state and everything needs a reboot to become functional again.
I tried another drive with the same system using the same cable, terminator, ect. and it worked fine.

The cleaning light should not come on. Try giving the drive a clean with a cleaning tape before doing the upgrade. Also unless you have a VERY good reason for choosing V95 I would go to V107 or V016 at minimum as these levels fix LOADS of issues, especially if you have Fuji media. V107/106 may cost you cash still, but V101STK is now public domain on the Quantum web site. Bearing in mind the outcome if a flash upgrade packs in midway through, I recommend you use SCSI toolbox only to make up a FUP cartridge and do the upgrades manually from the DLT front panel. The method is in the DLT product guide.

When the Cleaning light and WP light come on and stay on, I usually find that these drives will not update code, no matter what you try. They usually require a PCB repair. sorry.

where can I find dlt7000 v107 firmware file? Thanks for your time !!!!!!

you should be able to find the firmware you need on the stk support site. i never flash dlt drives using scsi toolbox... i've seen it fail too many times. i only use sagetalk to update firmware on the dlt's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back