Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT 7000 tape drive firmware version

Status
Not open for further replies.

duque

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2003
US
Hi everyone, we have a timberwolf library 9740 with five tape drives. Four of then have the firmware version 18-105 and, they are working correctly but, one of then have a firmware version 18-2 and it is not working. I used a utility from Quantum to take a current firmware version from one of the tapes that are working correctly and dump it to the tape that has a different version but, the utility didn’t work as they say.
Finally, I was reading something from Quantum and, they say that it is a personalize firmware from storagetek.

Any help from you will be fine.

Thanks a lot,

Duque

What do you get as the answer when you issue the inquiry command, it should look something like this:

QuantumDLT4000 D992Q

of course this also depends on the actual Quantum device you are using, you did not mention the device type....

Whatever device, DLT4000 or DLT7000 V105 is downlevel in both cases and BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!!

Hi Schotte !
do you know where can I donwload firmware upgrades for a Timberwolf 9730, bith for the robotics and the DLT7000 drives ?

Thanks a lot,

Ricardo

Follow links for CRC under support and apply for a logon. You will then be able to get the codes. Mind you I don't know about the 9730, it may be out of support now.

Duque,
you can code from 18-1 to 18-105, but I am not sure about 18-2, I have never seen this personality, It could be that it is corrupt and this is why the firmware upgrade failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back