Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLOOKUP STATEMENT PLEASE HELPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zishan619

Programmer
May 28, 2003
MX
Hi everyone:
In a DLOOKUP statement
DLookUP("[NT]","tblAssignment","[NT]")
I need it to list all the NT's in the TblAssignment
It is only listing the first NT and not the rest of them
How would I make it list all the NT's or records

DLookup will only return one value. Are you building a report, or trying to display the data in a form?

Anthony J. DeSalvo
President - ScottTech Software
"Integrating Technology with Business"

Hi Anthony:
See what I have is a frmmain and a frmsub.
The frmsub is a datasheet view of the tblAssignment
What I need to do is do an update query that would find the NT logins and the records assign to them and have the NT input automatically into the Working tables. So for example:
Fields: NT Start Record End Record UNIT
ZRAZAP1 1 10 FAP
BBILLY 11 20 FAP
CWELLm 21 25 FAP
This is how the frmSub looks like....I have an update button which would Update the work with Ntlogins reading from the frmsub. But it doesn't work. I do not know what to do.
Thanks

I am still a little unclear as to your application, so I may have to ask you several questions until I get a good understanding. So, if you are willing and patient, I will press on!

Is your goal to select a NT logon in the main form and then populate a working table with data that is in the tblAssignment Table? Is it sufficient to filter the records in the sub form for just the logon you selected in the main form?

The first condition is an Append query, the second would be setting the recordsource of the datasheet view based on the NT logon selected.

Let me know if I am in the ballpark or not!

Anthony J. DeSalvo

Cool:
Well The main form just has button which allows the analyst to go into a queue and work it. But the frmsub by the NT login is only visible to the manager who assigns the work for the queues. But when the manager assigns the record they would need to work, I need a button that would read off the frmsub which is the assignments for each analyst or off the tblAssignment and populate the working tables with the NT accordingly what ever record set they were assigned.
Currently I have two textboxes that would read the Ntlogin on the main form look up the Nt Login in the tblAssignments and plug in the record start and record end to the main form. So when an anlsyst loggs in the work input form goes off the records. But the Manager want the names of the people istead of the number assigning.
I hope this made it clear. Thank You for your help. Cool

I'm sorry, but I still haven't grasped your layout!

The analyst sees the records that the manager has assigned them?

So, you update all records in a work table with the NT logons selected by the manager with the analyst that is assigned to them?

Anthony J. DeSalvo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back