Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLookup in access 2010 help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendageorge

Programmer
Jun 9, 2011
US
I have a subform (Estimates1) in a form (Estimates) that I am applying the DLookup to data source.
=DLookUp("[Price]","[Oakhill Sq]","[Product ID]=[Me].[Product ID]")

I am trying to find the price in table Oakhill Sq that matches the Product ID on my subform.
It returns #Error. What am I doing wrong?

How about...
Code:
=DLookUp("[Price]","[Oakhill Sq]","[Product ID]=[b][red]" & [/red][/b][Me].[Product ID])
If the Product ID field is not numeric...
Code:
=DLookUp("[Price]","[Oakhill Sq]","[Product ID]=[b][red]'" & [/red][/b][Me].[Product ID][b][red] & "'[/red][/b]")

Randy

Thanks Randy but that generates #Name error.
If I place a product id value as in ='2424P'") it works but I need it to be able to look up the values.

and this?
Code:
=DLookUp("[Price]","[Oakhill Sq]","[Product ID]='" & [b][red]Forms!YourFormName[/red][/b].[Product ID] & "'")

Randy

brendageorge,
You haven't told us if this is a control source or code. If it is a control source, try:
Code:
=DLookUp("[Price]","[Oakhill Sq]","[Product ID]='" & [Product ID] & "'")

Typically the ProductID is a combo box which could contain the price in its Row Source. This makes the expression much simpler:
Code:
=YourComboBoxName.Column(x)
Columns are numbered beginning with 0.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Your problem is syntax. You're looking up something on the subform, not on the form if I understand you correctly. Try this.

I just copied this straight from a DB I wrote years ago. You'll need to change field and Table/Query names as appropriate.

DLookUp("[Part Number]","[Order Details]","[Part Number]=Forms![Orders]![Orders Subform].Form![Part Number]")

Your problem is syntax. You're looking up something on the subform, not on the form if I understand you correctly. Try this.

I just copied this straight from a DB I wrote years ago. You'll need to change field and Table/Query names as appropriate.

DLookUp("[Part Number]","[Order Details]","[Part Number]=Forms![Orders]![Orders Subform].Form![Part Number]")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back