Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dlookup by Header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abradford

MIS
Oct 12, 2006
US
Can you have different Dlookup values on a report by header? I have a report which dispalys certian people from multiple offices, grouped by office. I have a office header and am trying to use Dlookup to dispaly total number of people from that office, stored in a lookup table. Is this possible?

so if office is 3029 dispalyed in the office header, i would like the Dlookup function to fetch the total number of people in office 3029 and place on report...

=DLookUp("total","Lookup","BSONum = " & [BSO]) is not working.

thanks.

Is BSONum numeric or text? Your expression should work for numeric if BSO is a field in your report, Lookup is a table or query, and Total is a field in Lookup.

If BSO is text, try:
=DLookUp("total","Lookup","BSONum = """ & [BSO] & """")

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

It is numeric, and I tried =DLookUp("total","Lookup","BSONum = """ & [BSO] & """"), however nothing is appearing on the report. No error message either. The box is visable... this in not a parameter query/report just to mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back