Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dlls needed to print a crystal report from a vb5 app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriswilker

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
Howdy all,

I'm developing a visual basic 5 program that will print crystal report documents (thru the Crystal Report Control 4.6 that's included with vb). This program will be distributed to machines that do not have vb or crystal reports installed on them. i'm having a difficult time trying to find the list of DLLs needed for the reports to be processed and printed! Every time i try to print a doc on one of these machines, it gives an error stating that that file could not be opened. The program *does* work on machines that have Crystal Reports installed, so i'm assuming that DLLs are to blame. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find the necessary dll files?!?

thanks in advance,
chris wilker

Hi Chris,

The only DLL's that I've packaged with my code are:
CRPage.DLL, and then two exporting dll's. BUT, I'm using vb 6.0 and CR 8, so I'm not sure if that would jive with what you're doing but its worth a shot

:)

Jack

Also, look at the runtime.hlp file in your Crystal directory

You must have crpe32.dll, the crystal report engine dll, installed on the destination workstation. This is the primary DLL necessary for distributing VB applications and Crystal Reports on PC's without Crystal Reports actually being installed. Crystal also depends on some of the Microsoft Class Object DLL's (msvcp60.dll, mfc42.dll, msvcirt.dll - these dll's should be higher than version 4 if the reports you are distributing were created in Crystal 7 or higher). Also, crpaig*.dll is used for formatting of text objects, so if your report(s) have text objects, you'll need this as well. These are the main ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back