Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dlls in delphi 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iniquitous

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
US
Is it possible to extract content information from a
non-delphi-generated DLL at runtime? I'm trying to
provide a feature in an app that modifies data stored
in a pre-existing DLL. The DLL is a C++ library.

Thanks

Yes I think you can do that..

I think you can use Delphi to retrieve dll's informations which have been created in VB, C, C++, Centura and others. It also depends how the dll are created in those languages.

You got to know the structure, functions etc. in the existing dll. how it is build.

It is even better if you know also those languages ....

mha

Thanks ppc386

I will also take a look at that!

Many thanks.

I got a look at ListDllFunctions... well.. its ok to get a list of functions exports, but you should know parameters of the function also. As my opinion you should have all informations about that dll function if you are trying to use it.

I will give ppc386 a star for this link site:

many great functions and help

mha

Have a look at the Jedi Code Library It contains a unit to access the PE format of an EXE or DLL and a sample app PEViewer. Gives you all ever wanted to know about a DLL.

If you want to access global variables in a DLL (read AND write!) then get ModuleLoader.pas from It contains some helper functions for that (Delphi AND Kylix!).

Cool..

I will take a look at it soon...

thanks..

mha

Hello

Can anyone show me how to call a VB Dll in Delphi?

Thanks

JohnAtFp (Programmer) Jun 10, 2003
Hello

Can anyone show me how to call a VB Dll in Delphi?

Thanks

I think this should be a new question. But the answer is: the same way you would call any other DLL (look in the Help and ask a new Question if that is not enough).

Cheers

Actually, it isn't. VB creates 'ActiveX DLLs' that aren't really proper DLLs at all, it's harder than it should be to call them from Delphi. I think there's a few threads on here about it, a quick search should find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back