Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dlls and wrappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PauloGomes

Technical User
Aug 28, 2007
PT
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a good .net dll to write/read excel files?

Another request I have is ...how can I wrapp a external dll in c#, I know the basics of dll crreation, and now I need to use a non .net dll...

I like this excel creator. It generates xls files as xml documents. This does not require xls to create files. I'm not sure about opening files, haven't had a need for that. great for web apps or remote file generation.

here are some links on accessing unmanaged code from .net.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Thank You Jason....

Great dll, any chance of the source....the langusge I'm currently developing in supports directly .net libs, but this lib is somewhat diferent from wht I've been working with and am more confortable...So I thought, since it free, to adapt it to my particular needs...

you could contact the developer and see if he would offer the source.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

i'm looking for a pdf solution like the excel aformentioned.

?

To read the content of an Excel file you no need to instantiate the Excel application. You can use OleDb* like you do with any database to load the content of the Excel into a DataSet.
obislavu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back