Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL version numbers on IE5

Status
Not open for further replies.

srosen0101

Technical User
Jan 1, 2000
GB
I keep getting a warning message telling me that there is a problem with WEBCHECK.DLL I have run the IE check on add/remove programs that told me I was running the wrong version of this dll (v4 instead of v5) and to update it by reinstalling ie5. When I try and do this I get a message telling me that it is already installed and so it will not reinstall!<br>
<br>
Any ideas?

You might try uninstalling v4 first, then installing v5. <p>S. Malkah Cohen<br><a href=mailto:smcohen@fusionauthority.com>smcohen@fusionauthority.com</a><br><a href= Home Page</a><br>S. Malkah Cohen<br>
smalkah@yahoo.com / smcohen@fusionauthority.com<br>
Author/Editor, Wife/Mother/Grandmother<br>
Computer Geek/Sci-Fi Fan/Dedicated to Judaism

Thanks for the response, but i am already running v5. I have upgraded from win95 & ie4 to win98 & ie5. Any other ideas?

It might be the case where you need to uninstall BOTH versions of IE (if you have not already uninstalled IE 4)including ver5, reboot, then reinstall v5.<br>
OR find WEBCHECK.DLL, copy it to the same directory, rename the old one to *.DL_, rename the new one to *.DLL, then try the program. This does not work all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back