Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL registration help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepain

Programmer
May 15, 2002
AR
Hi and thank you for reading this.

I am having some problems with some DLL and OCX registration when I install the application (not always but many times).

Somebody knows if I can place the DLLS & OCXS in my application directory and register them there? Or it is needed to be in the SYSTEM directory? I can't test it by myself here because everything works on this computer.

Thank you

I think the DLL's can be anywhere. We have a DLL that resides on a LAN drive but is registered on the Local Computer. Hope this helps.

Thank you Tom for your answer.

Yes it helps. To know that you got a DLL on a LAN but registered in a local computer is very important. I will test with my users to see what happens.

Thanks again

in winnt u can find for a file svrmgr32.exe in system directory
if u wanna register type svrmgr32 <filename> at dos prompt.
i havent tried with windows , but there is a similar file.

bye

Using regsvr32.exe (located in the winnt/system32 folder) you can register both the dll and ocx. It does not matter what folder they are in as long as they are registered and the operating system can access the folder.

If the file is registered on a remote machine as long as you have access to it, it should work fine.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back