Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyApp

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
GB
I've been looking (and posting) everywhere but no-one seems to be able to help, so i'll try here.

I have a DLL written in VB6 and it is being accessed from an ASP page via JavaScript.

It works fine and the DLL does what it is supposed to (just put some data into a SQL database) as long as I don't try and pass any arrays into the DLL.

However, as luck would(n't) have it, that's exactly what I need to do.

I've managed to get everything so, as far as I am aware, it should work. Except now i'm getting a "Permission Denied" error from my ASP page on the line where the JavaScript puts the 2 arrays and 3 variables into the DLL.

Do ActiveX controls need permissions to be set? How do you do this? Can Arrays not be passed into DLLs? So many questions and no answers...very frustrating.

"Life is like a Ferrari, it goes to fast.
But that's ok, because you can't afford it anyway" - Jim Davis (Garfield)

Depends on how you are trying to pass the arrays into the dll. Post a code snippet on how you are trying to pass the array(s). I struggled on this for weeks before figuring it out. Maybe I can help you.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back