Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL FILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

suha

Programmer
Aug 19, 2000
JO
HELLO
i create a project of my programs and want to run this application on another computer without the need of vfp6 existing what dll files do i have to download on the other PC.

suha

Plus, of course, any dlls and other files which are necessary for any 3rd party objects or whatever. -- Dave

Of course, the safest way is to use the SETUP wizard to create an installation disk(s). That will insure that you have everything you need installed in the proper place.

I might suggest that you create a simple project with nothing in it except the main.prg (call the system VFPSTUFF) and build installation disks for it with the SETUP wizard. Then install that on the computer where your application is to reside. That will put the necessary support files onto that disk. Then you can simply put the application EXE into a subdirectory and run it. This way you can use that VFPSTUFF installation disk(s) over and over without having to create a new one each time you build a different application for a different site.

Good Luck.

Don
dond@csrinc.com

I know that the question was only about .DLL files, but I think I should recomend that when you use other language than English (for example here in Czech Republic we use about 4 various code pages) then you shouldn't forget FOXPRO.INT too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back