Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL Files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JpPhysics

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
US
I have developed a Multi-document application and now want to develope "Plug-Ins" for my App. I am thinking that dll files would be the best way, have the app look for my specific DLL files upon startup and load the ones found.

My problem is, how do I package forms and code into a dll then call them from my main appliation? I keep getting an error 'Can't find DLL entry point'. Any Idea what the heck this is.

Thx for the help.

You cannot package forms into a VB Dll file. Try using Vb.net or C#.

The entry point is the name of your class within the dll. This is case sensitive.

Have you registered your dll with RegSvr32? If not, go to Run and type RegSvr32 "Pathtodll\Mydll.dll". You will get a dialog box to tell you whether the operation has succeeded. To unregister :

RegSvr32 /u "Pathtodll\Mydll.dll"

Note that, if you have the dll running in another instance of VB, it will be called in that instance and can be debugged there, eg by setting break points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back