Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady66

MIS
Jun 10, 2004
US
Everytime access tries to open a program, I am getting a "Error loading DLL" popup and the program dies

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

What DLL are you trying to load? Is it properly referenced in the application? It is properly registered on the machine?

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

We are trying to figure that out now. we are referencing other identical machines. Right now is is not one particular app....any app on just one machine.

It may be time to start reloading some things, like Access, and if that doesn't help, you may have something corrupted in the OS.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

We hav already run the repair option on the MS office disk...no luck

we had recently un-installed a program (WinPak) which I believe also uninstalled ActiveX

I've had a couple of cases where a database was working just fine, I made some seemingly simple modifications to the VBA code and then starting getting DLL errors. Extensive research prompted me to comment out the new code, recompile, etc., etc., slowly putting back the new code section by section. Much to my amazement this took care of my particular DLL problem.
I should say that only one database had this problem, the others were working just fine.
Sounded like hocus-pocus when I read about it, but I was sufficiently desperate to give it a try.
HTH
JSouth

---------------------------------------
The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

North, unfortunately we haven't modified any of these access programs in quite a while.

Are you familar with a program call "Depends." This nice little utility will show what modules, DLLs, and such that the program depends on, and can help find what is missing.

Good Luck
--------------

Sorry, forgot the link:
Dependancy Walker

Good Luck
--------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back