Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dlink de220 pnp isa and @home cable modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatecrime69

Technical User
Dec 20, 2000
US
I'm haveing immence trouble getting my network card (dlink de220) to work in linux with my cable modem. I don't know the exact module to load (my card is listed in hardware config) and i am currently trying ne*000 (supposeidly a ne2000 compadible card)and it gives me errors like the device is busy (ne.c is busy or currently in use is what is says during bootup) i tryed netcfg and i also added:
ne io=0x240 irq=10
to my module file (i tryed 240 and 300 for io and 10 and 7 for irq) and it still gives me the same error. I'm useing Linux Mandrake 7.1 that was given in maximum linux mag for the first few issues. thanks for any help

you might have to manualy apply setting to the card I had same proble with my isa pnp usr56k modem basicly what I did is:
1. pnpdump > /root/dump.txt
2. vi /root/dump.txt
3. found the modem entries and uncommented the desired settings for my modem.
4. next i used the isapnp command like this
isapnp /root/dump.txt
5. now my card was read and waiting.

you can use the same procedure as well, you just have to fumble around with the combination of i/o and irq settings might take a few times
there is man pages for both pnpdump and isapnp for extra pointers ha ha
hope this points you in the right direction
let me know how it turns out at res032q4@gte.net

I think i tryed that already but i didn't do the vi /root/dump.txt so i'll try it again

Well, now when i did isapnp /root/dump.txt it dected my network card. But it still says that it can't find eth0 (it may still say that it can't find a ne*000 device, i can't rember)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back