Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLC - Ring Operator instead of AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbers404

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
Hi there!

Legend R6.0
Mail R3

I'm wondering if there is a way to have outside calls ring the 2 DLC operators, and then (if noone answers) a hunt group before transferring to AA. At this time, the AA answers all calls first.

I had tought that I was going to have to move to QCC but some other posts in this forum are convincing me that I won't need to go that route. We only have 6-7 incoming lines and roughly 20 internal extensions, so it seem like QCC might be unnecessary.

How painful will this transistion be? In theory, it doesn't seem like it will be that difficult, but I'm concerend that I have no real clue on how many things will have to change before this project is complete. Any thoughts, tips, or ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Gerbers404

By the way, I'm finding some help in the FAQs, but would still appreciate any input.

Thanks

Gerbers404

Sounds like the lines are assigned to the Voice Mail calling group.

Take them away from that and set delay answer on one of your Consoles (the first one) Put it in the cover group for Voice Mail and make it's mailbox an AUTOATTENDANT class of service.

merlinman,

Thanks for your reply!

per some old planning forms and inspection, it seem all trunks (except for our fax number) are assigned to pool 70.

My Voice Mail Group is 770, and I only have one other coverage group (Group 30). I think this is all pretty much factory standard settings.

I have 2 DLCs (110 and 125).

My proficiency with working with this Legend system is improving with familiarity, but I can still only be described as a novice programmer (maybe not even that, depending on who you talk to). I guess this is all a preamble to a very basic and seemingly simple quetion:

How do the incoming calls on my lines know to move from the 70 pool to AA? I see something on Delayed Call Handling in my MerlinMail guide, but I see know place where my lines in pool 70 are assigned to the Voicmail Calling Group 770(or to AA, if that's not 770).

Also, When incoming calls leave the AA and dial our operator, if she doesn't pick up, the call starts ringing on other phones. I haven't been able to figure out how to configure that, because this overflow doesn't ring on all the extensions, but just a few. Does this have to do with Primary, Secondary, and Group settings in SysProgramming | Extensions | Cover Delay?

Again, thanks for your reply, and hopefully, thanks for your patience :)

Gerbers404

Let me address at least a part of this...

The 70 Pool is for OUTGOING.

How the lines get to the 770 Calling group has NOTHING to do with that.

Probably, (and I couldn't tell without some PRINT info) the Lines in the 70 pool are ALSO assigned to the Calling group of 770.

(Sys prog > exit > extensions > more > group calling > lines & trunks....) INSPECT -

SO, what you probably want to do is to take the lines away from the CALLING GROUP, and set up one of your ATTENDENTS as a AUTO ATTENDANT class of service (15 for the first), with delayed coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back