Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL580 G1 Loud Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhorist

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2005
US
Does anyone know if there are replacement fans for the DL580 G1 that are quiet? I just got this server and it sounds like a 747. Is there anything that can quiet these fans down?

Have you applied the latest firmware? I know that on the latest DL380 servers, the latest firmware helps resolve this issue.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Think you also haveto make sure the Compaq system management driver is installed. When it loads it should lower and raise the fan speed automatically. Without it they run flat out.

However this might be another / later server I am thinking of.

Neill

Have done all of the above. Still sounds like they are running at full speed the whole time. Any other suggestions?

Probably a silly question but what is the room temperature and how many CPU's do you have in the box? Maybe it is just hot and needs to cool down so fans should be going at max.

Neill

I have 4 cpu's in it. The is pretty cool, however I have had the server off for days and then start it up and it just won't slow down.

Try checking way back in this forum, I seem to remember somebody else having a similar problem. Might have been a faulty temperature sensor or something.

Although if the server wasn't getting a reading I think it would shut itself down.

Neill

I thought I did do a search and only found issues on the ML350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back