Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL380 System fans 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza1234

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
GB
Hi

Does anyone happen to know how to turn the fan speed down on DL380 G3 servers, have tried installing the health drivers but no good. There is no info on the compaq websites, and from what I can find out so far, its not possible.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Darren Semple

you need to have compaq agents that are 6.3 or above

the most up to date ones are 6.4 - download these and install and it's peace

go to compaq site - download the 6.4 bundle and install - also run the online rom paq

quaranteed to work - i've got about 50 of these

Another story-

Brand new- out of the box - DL380G3. Power up and all 10 fans are blazing. Install OS and 6.4a SP and all fans continue speed. Call HP, open case, HP tech comes out 4 times. Replaces system board twice, fans once, and processor once. Fans are still cruising. He even reinstalled all patches, fixes, SP's, you name it - we threw in the kitchen sink. Still, no fix.

HP finally replies after a month. That's just the way it is and they don't know of them acting any differently. Tough sell to a guy who already has 6 of them running and NONE of them keep the fans at full tilt. but, HP refused to listen. Closed the case without even asking me.

The "new" HP - customers are not their focus anymore.

I have a DL380 G3 and a DL360 G3, both with this problem. After speaking to HP I learned that the fans are controlled by the BIOS on the DL380 and they are currently working on another BIOS update to solve the fan problem specifically, but it isn't a high priority and was a little vague on the release date.

The DL360's fans are controlled by a combination of the BIOS and the software and was told installing the Proliant Support pack v6.4a would solve the problem. No joy though.... I might have to work next door or get some good headphones.

If anyone's interested RE the DL360, there is a BIOS update.

ProLiant DL360 G3 ROM P31 (01/28/2004)
Added support to allow the system to run quieter at normal operating temperatures.

Do you have to worry about them over heating ?? We hae DL 360's 380's and 580's G2 & 3. Thank god for the Ice box(server Room)

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back