Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL380 Linux Wavy right side of screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmerWFudd

Technical User
Jul 7, 2007
US

I have 2 DL380's: a Gen 1 and Gen 2. Linux is installed on both. Display is fine for G2. Compaq Proliant banner and POST display OK on G1, but when the Linux desktop loads, the left 1/3 of screen is OK but the right 2/3 is a wavy transposed image that is not readable. 2 different monitor give the identical result.

What is wrong with the displayed image? How can I fix it?

Forgot to ask...is this a tft monitor (for a KVM)???

Burt

It does the same thing using either of CRT monitor 10 yrs old, or a Dell flat panel 1 year old. Each monitor has its own cable. The same thing happens with a KVM, as direct connection of cables.

This wavyness only starts after POST, cpu, memory initialization, and drives complete.

The G2, with the same software, using the same monitors, does NOT do this.

I know Linux is picky with X, so it may be graphics drivers, or the parameters for video. Have you messed with those, like x and y resolution, and maybe frequency in X?

Burt

I had the same problem. I would check resolution. bumping the resolution down fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back