Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL380 G4 won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadreamer

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2003
GB
Hi all, need some urgent help.

I have a DL380 G4 which is our production Exchange server. Last night we had a power cut but the servers were on UPS so we had plenty of time to shut them down cleanly. I try to start up the Exchange server once power is back on and for some reason the server now won't even POST, let alone get through to any Windows boot screens. It all looks to but it just won't boot and can't even run the Smartstart CD for diagnostics.

Any ideas greatfully accepted!!!

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you start by reseating the components individually - memory, processor, any PCI cards, disks etc... see if you can eliminate the issue by doing this or removing a particular component whilst testing alltogether. Failing this, you may have to call out your hardware vendor who may have to replace the motherboard or other component.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Could it be something as simple as the monitor is powered off, unplugged or went bad? You didn't mention any display at all on POST, not even a blinking cursor?

Got it sorted thanks. The problem was the system board in the end which I got swapped out.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back