Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL360 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SagerGrantski

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
Hi guys, got a couple questions, perhaps you can help me out.

I recently bought a dl360 with 2x 18.2s, dually 800s and a gig of ecc.
It came with fc3 on it, and I didnt much care for it.
So i did an ftp install of suse 9.2.
I want to have raid 1 on the 2 drives, but it appears I dont have this at this time.
Now here is where it gets fun.
After the install, the cans both lit on the drives, but only the left drive, ever accessed. It was up over 14 days, very stable.
Today, I got an APC 1400 rack mount ups for it, so I did a shutdown, and hooked it up, that part is working fine.

However, after I had the server up and running, I noticed the cans on both drives, were not lit, but it does work, and the left drive, is still the drive that is accessed (as told by the arrow) (strange, I know)

I see on the raid controller (f10 on boot) there is an f3 option , which says it will delete all partitions, I have never hit the f3 for fear it would kill my up and working system.

Ok here are the questions.
1: Why arent the cans lit now?
2: How can I make this system go to a raid 1 configuration, without reinstalling the os?
3: What happens when you hit f3 in the raid configuration screen, is it safe to go into this, or will it just poof my partitions the second I hit the f3?

I'm not dead certain but I would have a hunt around HP's web site for a Linux Array Configuration Utility.

There used to be a mini ACU available on boot up. What RAID controller does it say you have?

The raid controller in quesion, is the standard smartarray that is built in the motherboard.
I believe its the same one used on all DL360s, it only allows raid 0 or 1, as there are only 2 drive bays.
I also have a proliant U1 storage cabinet, using a smartarray contoller 3200 raid 5, but that is not where the drives in question are mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back