Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DKAdmin Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

threestarsandasun

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
US
I am trying to access our Toshiba Strata System. My boss assigned this to me. I am not a Telephony guy and I don't have any idea how to do this.

My co-worker told me to use DKAdmin(?) cause that's what they're using before. The old computer that used to connect to the Toshiba Strata System bogged down so we have to find a way to connect again.

Now my problem is, whenever I run the DKAdmin program, I get an error "Hardware key not installed. Exiting to DOS." message.

I don't have any idea how to go about this and if this is the right place to post this. Any help will be very much appreciated.

TIA

Go to the old computer you were using. There will be a red thing connected to the parallel port that looks like a null modem adapter or gender chancer - it just plugs onto the connector and has the exact same connector on the other side so the printer cable can still connect.

If you no longer have the old computer, look at the cable that may have connected to a printer that might have been on the old computer - it might still be attached to the cable.

If you don't have the red thing (the key) you are basically screwed and will have to buy a new version of the software that will come with a new key.

If anyone knows a way around this I would appreciate knowing because I am having the same situation trying to use a newer windows version of the software and my old key will not work.

Yeah, you're right. It was the red dongle that's missing.

Ok, so now the program is running. We already typed in our customer file details. But when dialing in to the Toshiba Strata, nothing happens... it just displays "Initializing DIU... " then "Closing communications port - 2" appears.

Really don't know much about this but if you encountered this before of you have any suggestions, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks.

I'll have to look up the dialing procedure and get back to you. I moved the software onto a laptop I found that was still running DOS because of problems introduced by XP SP2, so I don't have the hardware key installed on my PC that I can remote into. I know there were some timing issues related to dialing - try changing the wait for connection time to at least 60 seconds. It takes a while for it to wake up and tell your modem it is there and it may be timing out before it gets to that point.

The next thing you are going to run into is probably a login/password prompt - hopefully you have them. I know the ones for my DK280 but not sure if all models are the same, and then when you try to access the system after logging in it may ask you for a processor type or something - again not sure in your case, but I use 000 (triple zero) for that.

hey guys fyi there is a new ver of dk admin out that does not require the (red thing) or known as a dongle. just for grins does your system have a page card in it (PIOU)if so use a com port and direct connect with a db 9 to rj 11 (cross over )cable set up a baud rate of 1200 e 7 and 1 oh yeah there is a switch on the card that will change the baud rate from 1200 to 9600

Which version of DKAdmin do you have that doesn't require a dongle? I might need to go shopping. The last one I found still needed one. I would be very happy to get rid of my old DOS-based 280Admin software.

My serial port is fried on my PIOU courtesy of a storm many years ago and I've been too lazy to replace it, so I still need to dial in, but that's no biggie.

i can get you a copy of it if you have an ftp site to send it to or e mail it . or i have a way to download it from FYI

let me know

I'll create an upload account on my ftp server and get back to you. I have anonymous logins disabled.

kidndenver

I would like to get a copy of this software as well, I misplaced my dongle and it would be a pita to get another.

Thanks in advance

Vince

kidndenver

I also would like to get a copy of the non-dongle needed copy of DKAdmin....

I just joined the group and I know its been a while...I just hope you get this...

"R

I never had a chance to set my ftp server up for anonymous access. I am pretty sure you can send any size file to GMail, but the typical private ISP's E-mail servers are typically capped at 10MB.

If you can, send the file to my GMail account, which is dbruechert at GMail dot com. If the file is less than 25MB (ha ha) you can send it to donb at donsworld dot org.

My boss asked me for a wish list and I contacted the vendor I use for emergencies to purchase it and they told me the DKAdmin software would not work with the DK280 and I was stuck with the DOS-based 280Admin. Is that true? I haven't been able to run 280admin out of a DOS window on XP since SP2 came out and I would sure like to get rid of the 386SX laptop with the 10-inch screen and the dead CMOS battery that I am using to run it on DOS right now... (I've tried DOSbox and other emulators and have not been able to set them up right to access the COM ports).

Thanks for the info, but googling sundance brings up a whole heap of information.....can I ask specifically what are we looking for in the Sundance results???

Thank you very much....appreciate it....kinda figured that a key work like that would be used but hey you never know could have added "kid" the "sundance" and got it too.

lol

"R

I managed to find and download DKiAdmin 4.3.3, which supposedly does not require a Key, but it failed because I didn't have a key anyway... So much for that.

did you uninstall first the old app? or try wiping the DIR?

I was wondering about that, as it wanted to install in 280ADMIN and I changed it to 280ADMIN2 (and then edited the batch file to match). For some stupid reason I didn't think of renaming the original directory until I was in bed last night, and I was too lazy to get up and find out.

This is on XP SP2 with no printer on the parallel port.

I know sundance has some great toshiba guys maybe try there for a work aorund.

I cleaned both versions off last night and reinstalled it. Still got Key not found error.

Maybe I'll join the forums over there and see what they have to say.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back