Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIVISION

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrdutches

MIS
Aug 10, 2003
US
i have the dcount working for a field. now i need to take the dcount and divide this by the average that i have calculate for this field. how do i write this? my dcount answer is 4 and my average count is 2 so therefore the answer i am looking for is 2. i did the =(4/2) and i get the answer but when i pull the same information for a different date, the answers are not correct. don't i have to write this out in someway??? such as
=[fieldname]/[avg]

Hello,

Perhaps you can try this:
If for example the name of your dcount field = txtDcount, then you would have to enter next string in the controle source item of the text box that has to show the value you want.

= ([txtDcount]/Avg([txtDcount]))

regards,
Dries

How does your DCount() handle the calculation if the DCount() doesn't reference the same records as the report. For instance the DCount() might reference all records in a table while the report is opened to a specific date range? I rarely find DCount() necessary and it generally makes Acess work much harder than necessary.

Your usage might be fine but make sure you do some testing.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back