Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Div Positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhalen

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
CA
Hello, I am trying to display a div, actually multiple divs. So when the user mouses over a image a different div is displayed. Each div contains a few images. I am having a problem getting this working in Netscape 4.78. I set all the divs to absolute positioning and I am setting the top:7.5% and the left:12% . However, it is displayed differently on different computer screens and depending on what is displayed below it! I though the point of using percentages was so that it could look the same on different pages. Could someone please give me some help or some tips

Thanks

Try using pixels (px) designations instead of percentages. Also if your DIV tags are somewhere amongst the rest of the page's content, which is what I suspect is causing it to be affected by what's underneath it, you may want to try moving it to the very beginning of the BODY tag area.

Hope this helps.

Cullen
Graphic Artist / Web Designer
cullen@ulanji.com

Hi there,

We've done exactly this on our site(I think!).Have a look at the code on our website (after you click on the enter site button). This definately works on NS 4.74, although we don't have 4.78 so I can't test it - should work though.

Thomas Shearer
Web Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back