Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Div height 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nick

Programmer
Apr 28, 2005
NO
Hello!
I want to make a web-page with this layout:

div1: with=900px, height: 30px;
div2: width=900px, height: 100px;
div3: width=900px, height: 50px;
div4: width=900px, height: 100%;
div5: width=900px, height: 30px;

Biggest problem is to make div4 height = 100% without getting scrollbars in the browser. Anyone know how i can get this?

Tnx!

What if there is more content in div4 than the screen on the client's browser allows? What should happen then? Should the scrollbars appear and should div5 get pushed off the screen or should only div4 scroll?

Then scrollbars should appear and div5 will of course get pushed down.

Div4 is supposed to have a height 100% of what? the browser window? another DIV? what is it supposed to be 100% of?

And you want them all stacked up?
[tt]
-----------
| Div1 |
-----------
| |
| Div2 |
-----------
| Div3 |
-----------
| |
. Div4 .
-----------
| Div5 |
-----------
[/tt]

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

100% height of the browser window and yes, they are supposed to be below each other.

Since the other DIV's are already taking up space there is no way the 4th can be 100% of the window and not push the 5th DIV down. I'm guessing you want the forth Div to take up the remaining space between the Third and the 5th div right?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Yes, thats exactly what i want. Div4 has to take the remaining places of the browser window that is left after displaying div1,2,3 and 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back