Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

div alpha filter thing not working for me in IE6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krigbert

Programmer
Jun 2, 2005
NO
Working on this page:
The div #bakbar and a bunch of others have something like this defined in my stylesheet:

Code:
#bakbar{
        background-color:#FFFFFF;
	opacity:0.25;
	filter:alpha(opacity=25); 
	width: 230px; 
	position:fixed;
	height: 100%; 
	top: 0px;
	left:12%;
	z-index:1; 
}

only trouble is that the alpha filter isn't working in IE6 - isn't it supposed to? As you can see in IE6, my site becomes a fair bit less usable without the alpha as the links dissappear :\

illustration and webdesign

Hmmm, I only have IE6 installed through MultipleIE package, but your page works ok. IE6 displays the transparency just like FF and that is how I have seen IE6 always behave with the opacity filter.

huh... weird - I also have IE6 installed in a similar way, so maybe that's it.

How about if you click one of those little thumbnails, how does that new part of the page look?

Some of the pictures don't load (on any of the browsers) but the ones that do, look the same on IE6 and FF.

P.S. You have a JS error on your site when you try and run this line:

Code:
document.getElementById('storting')...

as there is no element with the ID of 'storting'. There is one, however, with the ID of 'stortinn'. .There are several places you are referring to the former ID.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

I'm aware of this and looking in to it. I'm using the same JS on all the pages (as I only have one php document generating them all), but some of them don't have some of the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back