Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution Lists not Delivering to All Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideySMJ

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We recently migrated some users off an Exchange 5.5 server, not part of our current Exchange organization. Along with them we created Distribution Lists on our side to mirror the lists they had in their 5.5 org.

The problem that we are seeing is that some of these Mailing Groups have other, smaller mailing groups as members. For Example: "All Users Company1" is a mailing group. It has "All Users City1, All Users City2, and All Users City3" as members. It would appear that when someone sends to All Users Company1, not all of the member lists receive the email.

I've been able to track some messages and the tracking shows that it delivers to some of the members but apparently doesn't even attempt to deliver to others. Has anyone seen anything remotely like this? Anything that I can check on my end to try and resolve the issue? We have deleted and recreated the parent Mailing Group for some of these. On some it worked, on others it has not.

"I reject your reality and substitute one of my own.

Regenerate/rebuild the Distribution lists on the server after previewing them. There may be an update issue.
Update the All Users Company1 last!

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

It's been a long day...How do I go about Rebuilding/Regenerating the lists for that specific server? Or do you simply mean delete and recreate them?

"I reject your reality and substitute one of my own.

Go to the recipient update section in System Manager, and/or ... use the F1 key.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back