Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distribution lists not being downloaded 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0nin

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2004
CA
I have several users with Blackberry's who are on distribution lists but the emails aren't being sent to their Blackberries. All other email is working fine. Can Blackberrys do distribuation lists? And if so what suggestions do folks have for setting them up to reveive the list emails?

Thanks

I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but I'll give it a shot:

I'm assuming you are using Outlook/Exchange as I answer this.

The default filter setting for the BlackBerry redirector (this goes for BES as well) is set to "When none of the above rules apply, Don't forward messages to the handheld". This means that any email message that is not directly sent to the user (meaning any group/distribution lists) will not be sent to the BlackBerry.

To correct this,

Open up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Double click on "Redirector Settings"
Click the Filters tab
at the bottom, you will see "When none of the above rules apply" and two choices underneath that:
Forward messages to the handheld
Don't forward messages to the handheld.

If "Don't" is checked, then that's your problem. Simply click the button next to "Forward" and click Apply.

Now messages sent via a distribution list will be sent to the user's BlackBerry device.

I hope this helps!

- Michael

Thanks mfortunato. That worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back