Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution Lists Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneyguy1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
I've looked but can't get a answer in NTP's. Are there any limits on the number of MB in a distribution list. I need 300 plus. don't want to broadcast.

Be careful, if you send to a large number of boxes, you could bring the voice mail to its knees. eMail is a better solution in this case.

Understood but customer wants to send by CP. They need to notify large groups in different areas at one time.

You will still have the limitation of the number of lines in to voice mail if 300 are trying to get in to it, so they still will not get it all at the same time anyway, even if they were to notice the voice mail light on the phones etc. .... Just food for thought.

From the CallPilot NTP
"A distribution list saves you time when you send messages to the same
group of addresses. You can create up to 99 personal distribution lists,
and record a name to identify each list. Each personal distribution list can
contain up to 200 entries."

So each list can have 200 mailboxes or a combination of mailboxes and other lists.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Thank you for the info. Customer knows about CP ports but wanted to set up anyway. Thanks again!

You should look at Shared Distribution Lists. I don't think there are limitations on the number of recipients for SDL's.
There are lots of ways to set up an SDL, either static or dynamic, based on the criteria of your choice.
There is also an option to turn off notification when the message is sent to avoid flooding of ports.

Thanks for the info on SDL's. I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back