Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpoole

Programmer
May 26, 2004
US
anyone play with sdl's in the cp? rls 3... i've used them but's it's been to long... i added the list, saved that.. check my class of service... how do i give users access to the list? 8* 5 for tools only allows access to local dist (1-99)...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

they use the SDL list number when composing or sending. They cannot maintain SDL's. Users can only maintain PDL and system admin maintain SDL's. Now in 5 there are Dynamic SDL's which are set by criteria not by extensions. FYI.

system admin maintain SDL's... that's the part that i am stuck on... since i'm system admin, and installer and eng and vendor..... (floor sweeper)...

i can add a system dist list, now how in the world do i give users access to them? i've tried from my mb, check everthing in class... still the only option i get is personal dist..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When you bring up the user screen, the 2nd block should be Admin, change that drop down to full admin rights and see if that gives you what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back