Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution List Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nterpol

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
IE
I have to set up a distribution list that includes internal and external email addresses. This isn't normally a problem as i have set up plenty of them before.

The external email addresses on the list are all from the same company. When someone sends an email to the distribution list, only the users with an internal email address receive the mail.

I added my private email address to the list and it also receives an email successfully.

And i can also send mail to the external contacts once it is not in the distribution list, like one at a time

Could the problem be on their end? And if so any idea what it could be?

I use exchange 2003 & outlook 2003 by the way

Thanks

The sender receives nothing but the mail does leave.

I think it has something to do with the distribution lists address, othercompany@mycompany.com

I think their system is blocking the mail coming in because it doesnt recognise the @mycompany.com

Sorry im not sure what log you're on about?

The SMTP Logs.

Which by default are in c:\windows\system32\logfiles\SMTP on your external facing Exchange server.

Neill

Problem solved.

I rang the other company and it turns out their anti-spam software was was taking the mail.

They're making adjustments to it to allow the distribution list to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back