Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution List name as reply address

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvfelton

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
US
Greetings,

We are currently using Groupwise 6.0 and there was a request to create a distribution list called quotes, for our customers, with one user in the list. The only problem is that when the person on the distribution list replies, it displays the user's e-mail address. Is there a way to configure the reply address to display quotes@domain.com instead of user@domain.com? I have been looking, but cannot find the answer.

Thank you.

Why not create a GW account named Quotes? I guess I don't understand what the DL is for.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Hi,

No you can not do that. If the outbound message must have a return address of quotes@domain.com, then you could either create a new account as FarOut mentioned or use a gateway alias for this user. If you use a gateway alias, you need to remember that all E-Mail messages from this user will always go out as "quotes@domain.com".

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting
Check out our Novell Training Cruises

The reason I can't start a new account is do to corporate policies (long story) and we don't want one person trying to look at 2 separate e-mail accounts all day. The person doing the quotes, at this time, has other duties too.

I tried the gateway and it seems to work well enough.

Thank you for the advice.

Omitting the "cororate policies" issue, the Proxying and Rules tools in the GW client are two powerful allies when (but not limited to) a user has to monitor an account other than his/hers alone. I myself have 6 different GW faux accounts used for monitoring/reporting duties about our GW system's health. And it is far from cumbersome or time consuming. I learned the basics from our CIO, how hard could it be. Wish you the best in coming to a conclusion on your problem.
Later!

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back