Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution Files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Our reports were originally developed in Crystal, and connected to the VB application with the OCX. People were able to view and print their reports without having Crystal installed on their computers. Now I am looking at switching to the RDC. Will people still be able to view reports without having Crystal installed? and what files would have to be distributed with the exe to allow the reports to run?

>>
Now I am looking at switching to the RDC. Will people still be able to view reports without having Crystal installed?
>>

Yes

>>
and what files would have to be distributed with the exe to allow the reports to run?
>>

If you can move the web distribution I would, this would resolve the distribution issues with exe and require NO client side DLL just the AxtiveX or Java plugin. Steven Fowler, Principal
steve.fowler@fowlerconsulting.com
- Development, Training, and Consulting
wpe1.gif

It is possible to do that, If you trust the manual.

Sincerely

/Ola

Yes.
I do this for my clients all around the country, and have personal designed, development, and implemented over a dozen Crystal Reports web delivery systems.

I will tell you that Seagate Does always have the best documentation on the WCS (Web Component Server) but is can be done effectively.

The FAQ of this forum has some Seagate white papers to get you on your way...

Steven Fowler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back