Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution editor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonjuice

Programmer
Jun 12, 2003
ZA
We have developed an application in the Paradox application framework. In the paradox distribution editor we have to select the run-time application to be shipped or paradox application framework ,which one should we select to have no royalty implications on corel's side? We would appreciate advice on this.

Thanx

lemonjuice,

Paradox Runtime requires no royalties and is provided with Professional editions of WPO 2002 and later.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Sorry for the delay, just found this site !

1. Like Lance said, Runtime is there for you to use as you like. However one runtime license is required per seat i.e. a copy must be purchased for every machine it's installed on.

2. Keep away from Application Framework !! I couldn't tell customers this when they contacted us, but I'm not bound anymore. Just keep away.

Darragh Quinn

Darragh,

Um, regarding #1, don't you mean that you need a Runtime License for every development machine it's installed on? The whole idea of Runtime is to provide a royalt-free way to distribute the final Paradox application without further royalties or restrictions, beyond the ones laid out in the Runtime Licensing Agreement.

Put another way, the developer needs a Runtime License for every machine used to create Runtime Applications; however, the developer's clients do not need Runtime licenses. (However, it is a good idea for them to have at least one copy of Paradox available for database maintenance, table repair, etc.)

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back