Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributinh Stored Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintonwhite

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
GB
Hi There - just a quick query with regards to the distribution of stored procedures within Oracle 8. I have checked the documentation and can only seem to find the exp utility that does what I require.

I have developed some stored procedures and also a package that I wish to send out to clients that already have a live Oracle database.

If I use the exp function then I export all procedures and tables and optionally table data, which I do not really want to do.

Is the other option to paste the stored procedures into a .sql file using the create or replace procedure for each one and then run this file via SQL plus - or is there another quick and simple way to just extract the stored procedures from the database and them load them up on target servers.

Thanks fot you help.

You may get source code of your procedure by querying USER_SOURCE. Just spool the results into file and add an appropriate CREATE [OR REPLACE] command.

Regards, Dima

in case u want to keep your source close you can use WRAP functionality of oracle.

HTH..
Saket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back