Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributing specific data to different users

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDennison

Programmer
Jul 28, 2010
US
I have been asked to create a report that will show all projects grouped by manager. Each manager is only to see those projects that they are personally responsible for.

For example:
Manager A is responsible for Projects 1, 2 and 3
Manager B is responisble for Projects 4 and 5
Manager C is responisble for Project 6
etc.

Manager A is allowed to see Projects 1, 2 and 3, but not 4, 5 or 6
Manager B is allowed to see Projects 4 and 5, but not 1, 2, 3 or 6
etc.

I know this can be done because I saw it a long time ago, but I don't remember how to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Bob

It depends on if they are running the reports on demand (pulling) or if you are running the reports for them and delivering the output to them (pushing).

For pulling you will need a way for them to run the reports that provides row level security. Look at the viewers here that have the feature "Filter Data based on Windows User"

For pushing you will need a tool that can burst and email the reports. See tools in this list that can do bursting:

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Thank you for your info. I think the email idea was the one that I saw. I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back