Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributing data to my audience by Dynamic capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpalmer150

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
US
I have a few Crystal Reports linked to an Access database that I would like to distribute. I'd like to retain the dynamic abilities of the report.

The Access database is on a shared company network drive that everyone has access to and the reports are linked through a ODBC connection.

Our IT department is looking into launching Crystal Enterprise but it won't happen for many months. Could someone suggest an effecient, cost effective, short-term solution to deploy these reports to about 20 Field Sales Managers with dynamic abilities?

Thanks in advance,

JP

You could run the reports, export them to Adobe .pdf and email them using a distribution list.

Thanks,

Actually that's what we're doing now. However we'd like the user to be able to run the reports themselves and be able to select the parameters they want.

We're looking at HammerLaunch Crystal Viewer now. I'm wondering if there are any other solutions out there.

jpalmer150,

what i would do is create a crystal report with all the parameters setup and then save the report somewhere you have only exclusive access to the report and then send everyone else a copy of the report by email (as an attachement).

They should be able to run the report from their email, with all the parameters you've setup without making any changes to the original report which you have saved.

Solomon

idehen ,

The users do not have Crystal installed on their machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back