Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distributing Crystal reports 8.5 with VB6/SQL Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmanivas

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
I have created reports using CR 8.5 wth MS SQLserver store procedure.
Then I impoted them into VB Environment thru RDC. And coded the application. this application works very well on development machine. But after I packaged it and installed on users machine, It is unable to view the report. It fails saying Physical database not found. I have dynamically created the recordset at runtime and assigned it thru setdatasource property. Could any any body say why it fails?

Is it possible that the ODBC datasource is not set up on the user's machine? Try adding the datasource through the ODBC datasources utility of the user's machine and see if that helps.

Thanks Lorraine for ur suggestion.
I have already solved the problem.
I don't need a datasource, Since I am using DSNless connection.
The package was missing some dlls.
Thats why I was getting that error.

I was wondering what DLL's were missing as I get this error as well. It only fails occasionally, but it's irritating when it does.

I am ALSO wondering what dll's were missing! I am receiving this error with a recent application...and could use the help!! Thanks!

Hello,
I am trying to use Dsnless connection for crystal reports that I use in my VB application.
I see that you tried something like that maybe you could tell me how its done? I don't want to set up ODBC.. The perfect way that I am thinking about if it would look at .INI file that has server name in it.
I really appreciate your help .
Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back