Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributed/Centralized Voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzyphil

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
US
Quick question, Distributed vm server is Win2003 server sp2. The Centralized vm server is Win2008 server R2. Is this okay? In the knowledgebase, it shows okay for just about every app but I cannot find anything that says okay for mix and match on the Distributed and Centralized.

Dizzy

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

Thats a good question. We've always just had one OS release to work with on installs (2008 lately) so I haven't had to try it. The only real requirement is that it a) supports voicemail and b) has IIS with the SMTP service enabled (so no exchange).

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
Instructor of the stars.
Those that can't do, usually call me.

SMTP is running and both have IIS going. I have an issue with the voicemails and have checked and double-checked everything and the two server types is all I have left.

Basically, the hunt group that is affiliated with the 500V2 that is housing the Distributed drops the voicemails left in the hunt group in the distributed vm server but not the centralized. All user vms go to the centralized like it is supposed to. Just doesn't want to play right. Erased it, re-numbered it, rebooted, just won't work.

Dizzy

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

Is smtp enable on both servers?
Did you setup the domain names on the smtp tab in vmpro?
Did you do this before you installed vmpro on the servers? (IIS and smtp install)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpeter - yes

Avaya has it now. They are befuddled. Looks like a patch in my customer's future.......

Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

We mix and match 2008 R2, 2008 64 bit, 2008 32 bit, 2003 32 bit and 2003 64 bit and haven't had a problem with distributed voicemail.

Ha Ha, even has Avaya stumped!!

Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

There is an issue in 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0 (lord only knows when it will be fixed) where on occasion the messages are sent to the central server form the distributed server however when the user goes to play back the message they are sent to the distributed server, where the messages do not exist, rather than the central server.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Avaya found issue with Win2008. They got the two talking now and exchanging info though smtp but.... now voicemail to email quit working... had to create new ticket with Avaya... and the saga continues.....

Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back