Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributed Architecture Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorvad

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
US
We have recently purchased BO, and I have been reveiwing the BO Planning and Deployment guide to get an idea on how to distribute the various system components. Can someone give me an example of how to build out this environment. We currently have about 400 users, but no more than 20 different users make requests on any given day. Usually, about 10 requests per hour is the max. I am planning on using 2-3 NT servers (quad processors with 2-4 gigs RAM each).
Given this what are some likely distributed environments to begin experimenting with.
Thanks in Advance!
Bob

Hi Vorvad,

I do not know how far you have come with your deployment, but here is my experience with the deployment:

1) As all your calculations should be done by the DB server, make sure this is the most powerfull one.

2) You need 1 server for the repository (single 1 GHZ processor should be sufficient), 1 server for the Master Install and minimum 1 server for the Broadcast Agent module). The WI module can run on the same server as the BCA, but this is not recommended.

3) Make sure all installs uses the same version of your ODBC drivers for the connctivity.

4) The easiest install is performed when all servers resides in the same NT domain

5) For the 400 users accessing the system, it is recommendable to let them use the WI module instead of the Business Objects client installation (unless they all require the posibilities of creating reports)

I hope this is helpfull to you. Otherwise - let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back